How it works?

How to File for Unemployment Benefits?

If you’ve been laid off from your job, chances are high that you qualify to file for unemployment benefits. In most states, unemployed workers can apply online, over the phone or, in some cases, by mailing a form. Many states provide information for applicants in numerous languages.

Where the option is available, applying online is the quickest and easiest way to file for unemployment. we provide this option for you. Claims are generally processed much more quickly, so you stand to start receiving benefits sooner than applying via mail or any other form of filing your unemployment.

What Is Unemployment Insurance?

Unemployment insurance is compensation provided to workers who lose their jobs through no fault of their own, providing monetary payments for a specific period of time or until the worker finds a new job. Benefits are provided by state unemployment insurance programs within guidelines established by Federal law. Eligibility for unemployment insurance, benefit amounts and the length of time benefits are available are determined by laws in your state.

Who Is Eligible to Receive Unemployment Compensation?

Your state establishes eligibility requirements for unemployment insurance coverage, with primary requirements including having worked for a certain period of time and your job having been lost through circumstances beyond your control. You must be considered an employee—as opposed to an independent contractor—at a company that pays into the unemployment insurance fund for your state. If you meet the eligibility requirements established by your state, you are entitled to receive temporary compensation, generally half your earnings up to a maximum amount.

Ready?Have with you:

  • Your Social Security number
  • Your driver license or Motor Vehicle ID card number (if you have either one)
  • Your complete mailing address and zip code
  • A phone number where we can reach you from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday –Friday
  • Your Alien Registration card number (if you are not a U.S. Citizen and have a card)
  • Names and addresses of all your employers for the last 18 months, including those in other states
  • Employer Registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of your most recent employer (FEIN is on your W-2 forms)
  • Your copies of forms SF8 and SF50, if you were a federal employee
  • Your most recent separation form (DD 214), for military service